Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 9 - 5K - Social Walk

A long long time ago, when I first started Yoga, I taught my husband Surya Namaskar. His routine every morning is to run/walk a mile and some Surya Namaskars. He is slim and fit. I just cannot bring myslf to do all that by myself. That's just not me. Exercise is fun for me only when it's a social event. I do great in classes or group activities.

You probably know my routine now. I run 2 times a week with a group and once during the weekend by myself. I don't do justice to the weekend run which is supposed to be a long one. You guessed it right, it's done all by myself. I am trying to look for a workout buddy, one who can either run (preferably at my pace) or cross-train in the gym with me. I found one this weekend and we went on a 2 hour walk. Guess walking buddies are the easiest to find.

Workout Log - Sunday 10/30
Run - 1 mile
Walk - 4.5 miles in 2 hours.

Things To Keep In Mind While Working Out With A Buddy

  • Ensure your excuses and theirs' does not result in skipping too many workouts
  • A similar workout level and interest is preferable, especially with the running or gym workouts.
  • Walking is more accommodating when it comes to working out with buddies
  • Have more than one buddy. One for cross-training in the gym, one with whom you can talk your heart away or another one who loves water aerobics just like you do.

Go easy on the candies tomorrow. Happy Halloween!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! keep it up, and remember to post us pictures of yourself as you reduce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever works right? I've always been a lone wolf exerciser but am now feeling I want to join a group.
    I see tons of walking buddies around my neighborhood. It's a running buddy I need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you still looking for a running buddy? Do you live in Bangalore?

    ReplyDelete