Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 5 - 5K - Eating Right

The first few days I had second thoughts about the running group I was assigned to. The runners were faster than I am. My coach and I discussed this a bit. She did not seem too concerned (atleast she did not show it). But I gave myself a 2 more runs to see if I was able to catch up. Last class, I was leading the group in some places. There was no panting and I did not want to stop running. I could have gone for some more time. I finally found my running secret.

My secret may never work for you and yours might never work for me. I will spill it anyways. Eating a light lunch and little to no snack until my run at 7 happens to be secret. I found my secret when I was randomly pondering about a time in my life when I ate right, exercised and was well with in my desired weight range. I can't imagine it now, but this is how simple my life used to be.

Breakfast - Coconut water
Coffee at work
Light lunch
An hour long aerobics after work 3 times a week
Light(er) dinner. Weekends meant usually eating out(with dessert et al) with family or friends.

I am trying to follow the same routine at least food-wise. Please note the above schedule does not include 2 kids and a husband. This is the schedule I try to follow and keep it up most days.

Breakfast - Oatmeal at work
Coffee @ work
Soup for lunch
A few bites of snacks does get in the way that I am trying to avoid.
Run - 2 times a week for 20-30 minutes.
Dinner

Its the weekends that turn things upside down. I seem to have much less control over my weekends than what I have with the weekdays.

1 comment: