Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 10 - 5K - Power Of Stretching

As you know from my previous post, I walked for 2 miles last Sunday after my 1 mile run. I totally under estimated the workout and did not stretch. Well, it was just walking. That's what I thought until I woke up tight around my knees and if you saw somebody walking crazily around the Dallas TX area, it was probably me.

What came to my rescue was ice. The title should have been, "The Power of Ice".

We added rolling hills to our run today. Again, another 2 miles in 30 minutes run.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, many people just don't stretch at all both before and after walking or running. It hardly takes much time, but they would feel lazy when it comes to stretches and warm ups.
    All the best to you in your fitness goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only stretch after a run. I'm with the people who say your muscles are all stiff before a run, and you shouldn't force them into positions they don't want to be them. After a run they're all soft and pliable and it's okay.

    Thanks for commenting on my book review!

    Mom's Home Run

    ReplyDelete