Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 11 - 5K - Stability Shoes

You cannot reason out every thing in life. It's tougher to do so with running. Unless you keep all the variables constant and play around with one attribute a time. My Thursday run did not go well and I have no clue if it was the weather that day or what I ate. Which sucks as I ate caramel popcorn. I could not make it to the cafeteria before lunch time, all that was left was snacks.

Also I got my new shoes. The person at the store did a shoe fitting. That means she watched the way I walked with a focus on how I land when I walk or run. My job was to take the shoes outside for a spin and give her appropriate feedback. She suggested neutral shoes with cushioning to protect my knees. After a few try outs I walked out of the store with a pair of Stability Shoes.

I met my running group on Thursday after our run at a local restaurant for a happy hour. I am not there yet where I can talk and run at the same time, it was a nice to exchange conversations and to get to know the other runners in a relaxed social setting

Sunday the weather was fabulous with temperatures around 70. My friend and I went on our mind-clearing 5 mile walk. I am looking at adding some regular yoga to improve posture and some weight training.

1 comment: